At DONE mediation we feel it is absolutely essential that all parties involved understand:
1) What they are agreeing to in Mediation
2) What their alternative options may be
3) That they have a right to have documents reviewed by a legal professional
4) Nothing is binding until it is signed and filed with the court
5) They are not obligated or pressured to agree to anything they don't want to agree to
These are important aspects of every mediation. In one instance of a mediated case gone wrong, CBS Austin reports that an 86 year old Utah rancher faces jail time for being found in violation of his mediation settlement. In the story, the man claims that the settlement agreement was never read to him and he did not understand what he was signing.
Every person involved in mediation has a right to have any agreement reviewed by a legal professional. The ideal agreement/settlement is one in which both parties understand their obligations to the other and have vested interest in being in compliance in order to get what they want.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.